Fairfield University has gained a reputation for academic excellence for hundreds of reasons: our faculty and staff. Through them, the Fairfield mission lives and breathes, as they teach, lead, and help students across all facets of their time at the University. They'll be your biggest advocates, committed to helping you become not just a better student, but also a truly capable scholar, with a lifelong thirst for learning.
Fairfield University is a residential campus with approximately 2,600 full-time undergraduate students, living on campus in residence halls, townhouses, and apartment complexes. Graduate student housing is also offered in independent off-campus houses, and in an apartment style residence hall (47 Mahan Road and Dolan Hall).
As a residential campus, life in the halls, townhouses, and apartments are an integral part of the Fairfield undergraduate’s four-year experience
The Library offers: access to one million books and ebooks and over 200 databases of academic articles and streaming media; one-on-one research consultations with a librarian in-person, by email, or phone and 24/7 help via chat; reservable spaces to conduct group work; a virtual reality room; designated graduate student study space; tech equipment; and Interlibrary Loan.
- Streaming Video
- iPads Use in Teaching
- Innovative Classroom
- Flipped Classrooms
- Health care is provided by our physician and a staff of nurse practitioners and registered nurses.
- To receive medical treatment at the Student Health Center you must be a full-time undergraduate student and have the required admission Medical Report on file. There is no visit fee for eligible students.
Our 200-acre idyllic campus is situated on Connecticut's coastline, providing for beautiful, unforgettable surroundings. But it's more than that - it's our dedication to each and every student's personal growth that makes our environment so unique.
Whether you give it your all on the field or in the stands, whether you're running, swimming, playing, or cheering, you're a Stag. You're part of the hundreds at Fairfield who either take part in athletics on the varsity or intramural/club level, or even more who go to the hundreds of games every year.
- AAUW Chapter of Fairfield University
- Accounting Club
- Alpha Epsilon Delta
- Alpha Mu Gamma
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Anime Club
- Archery Club
- Asian Students Association
- Ballroom Dance Club
- Chemistry Club
- Chess Club
- College Democrats
- Colleges Against Cancer
- Commuter Student Association
- Distinguished Gentlemen
- Economics Club
- Fairfield Boxing Club
- Fairfield Dance Fusion
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Commission on Accreditation of Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE)
- Connecticut State Department of Higher Education (CTOHE
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation Programs / National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Educators (CAEP/NCATE)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA)
- Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education (ACME)