University of Chester
- Whether you've just graduated or have been away from us for a while, the Development and Alumni Relations Office (DARO) aims to keep you connected to the University via a programme of events, reunions and networking opportunities.
- The University of Chester is always seeking to recruit new members of its University Council, or Governing Body. Council members are a highly dedicated group of local people who work on a voluntary basis to set the University’s mission, vision and character, and to oversee its progress, financial health and the quality of all it does.
We recognise the importance you place on your accommodation needs, and our Accommodation Offices at Chester and Warrington will offer help and advice about University Accommodation and private sector renting. Living in University accommodation means that you would be close to the heart of student life and a short distance away from all of the university's amenities and facilities.
Perfect if you want the flexibility to make your own meals.
- Fully fitted kitchens, often shared with a small number of other residents
- Fridges, freezers, microwaves and kettles are provided
- All you need to bring is your own cutlery and crockery
- The University of Chester has nine libraries across its different campuses and all staff and students of the University are welcome to use any of the libraries.
- In addition to books, journals and other resources, all libraries have computers, study areas and bookable study rooms. Subject-specialist staff are available at all sites to support learning.
We also have laptop computers available for loan at Seaborne, Riverside, Sutton and Broomhead libraries.
Loan laptops are for use within the library only.
- Maximum length of loan 3 hours
- Wireless Internet access
- All loan laptops carry standard University software
- Print facilities available from laptops via print charge facilities
- Our on-campus facilities include a Learning Resource Centre, modern lecture theatres, open-access computer facilities, state-of-the-art science/skills/language laboratories, a range of catering outlets, the £2 million Chester Students’ Union centre and CSU bar/club, John Smith's bookshop, chapel and faith spaces, Santander bank and launderette.
- Because university life is not just about getting a degree, social and leisure activities are an important and long-established part of life at our Chester sites. On-campus sports facilities include a fully equipped sports hall, gym, swimming pool, squash and tennis courts, sprint track, floodlit 3G multi-use pitch and floodlit astroturf pitch.
- The multi-function sports hall, allows students and staff to alter the space according to their chosen sport. The sports hall currently has the space and facilities to create either six badminton courts, two volleyball courts, two basketball courts, a netball court or two cricket nets.
- The University’s swimming pool is located at the heart of the Parkgate Road Campus, within the Fitness Centre complex. The 25 metre, 5 lane pool is home to the University swim and water polo teams, and also plays host to numerous recreational swim activities, as well as invaluable training for the sub-aqua club.
Chester’s Students’ Union (CSU) is responsible for voicing your ideas and issues both inside and outside of the University. Run by students that are elected by you, and assisted by permanent staff, it offers the highest level of support and enrichment throughout your University life.
An accredited course is one which has been approved by a professional body. Accredited courses provide students with a guarantee of quality and can count towards professional qualifications or registration with a professional body. This not only benefits a student’s career but can also be a legal requirement in some professions.