5 Top Reasons to Study Biology Abroad
The world is all about biology and needs biologists. We face many environmental, social, and health-related challenges, and biologists are involved in finding solutions. However, there are actually many other reasons to study biology abroad or be a biologist, and Educatly has gathered some of the most important ones below.
Here Are 5 Reasons To Study Biology Abroad:
1. Biology is a fascinating subject
Biology is the scientific study of the life and structure of plants and animals. As a biology student, you learn about life on this planet and how it has evolved and developed over billions of years. You’ll approach different topics and stumble upon curiosities that leave most people speechless.
For instance, did you know that:
- • The tongue has about 8,000 taste buds, helping you to taste your food.
- • A human brain replaces itself every 2 months
- • Jellyfish are 98% water
- • Octopuses have three hearts.
These are only some examples of fascinating facts you can learn during your biology studies or after graduation.
2. Choose from various biology subfields
Biology may be a vast field of study, which suggests you don’t have to settle for a general degree. Many subdisciplines are available, however, most of them are at a master’s level.
Here are just some to get you started:
- • Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- • Cell/Cellular Biology and Histology
- • Developmental Biology and Embryology
- • Evolutionary Biology
- • Medical Microbiology and Bacteriology
- • Microbiology and Immunology
- • Neurobiology and Anatomy
- • Oral Biology and Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
- • Systematic Biology
You can choose from over 1,300 biology programs and apply to the most suitable one for you, be it a bachelor’s, master’s, or more.
3. Study at the best universities
To be the best, you need to learn from the best, and Educatly has over 200 universities all over the world where you can get a high-quality education. With the best research facilities and resources, you can study in the USA, Malaysia, the UK, Ireland, Spain, Canada, the UAE, Sweden, and more.
4. Guarantee high-paying salaries and job stability
Biology is a very specialized field, so it’s hardly surprising that experts in this field are well-paid and appreciated for their work. The job outlook for biologists also looks great; in the US, for instance, the Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 4-5% growth between 2019 and 2029 for microbiologist and biological technician job openings.
Your salary will vary depending on experience, job title, and, of course, the country of employment. However, we’ve gathered for you the average salaries in the USA for biologists.
- • Biotechnologists make about $51,725 a year.
- • Microbiologists make about $54,600 a year.
- • Marine biologists make about $52,390 a year.
- • Soil scientists make about $58,650 a year.
- • Research scientists make about $81,380 a year.
- • Biochemists make about $61,760 a year.
- • Wildlife biologists make about $51,010 a year.
5. Become a bio-entrepreneur
Bio-entrepreneurship is an increasingly popular term nowadays. That’s because a growing number of young scientists/biology graduates regard it as a chance to use their knowledge for the benefit of the world but on their own terms.
Obviously, bio-entrepreneurship isn’t all fun and games. Actually, being a biology expert alone won’t be enough. You’ll need a secondary degree in business or some experience in business, how companies work, the way to manage people, and so on.
However, there are many opportunities within the biology and biotechnology areas for you to start your own business. You can open a drug store, start a gene-splicing laboratory or company, fertility clinic and more.
What’s the best part of being a biologist, you ask? It’s that being a biologist; you can say goodbye to routine. This job perfectly balances working in an office, lab, and fieldwork. With this degree, you can study, experiment, and be outdoors exploring as well!
What are you waiting for? Study biology abroad now and find the perfect opportunity with Educatly. Just sign up to Educatly, and update your profile to get a personalized browsing experience through our programs.
Don’t forget to follow Educalty for more on studying abroad and education.