How to Study Abroad on a Budget in New Zealand
For many students, studying abroad is the opportunity of a lifetime. It’s a chance to live in a new country, learn a new culture, and explore the world. However, for many students, the cost of studying abroad is simply too high. What they don’t know is that there are always way around it. There are ways to study abroad on a budget and make your study abroad experience affordable.
Educatly is here to explore how to study abroad on a budget in New Zealand There are plenty of ways to make your dream of studying abroad a reality. Read on for some tips on how to study in New Zealand without breaking the bank.
The top ways to study abroad on a budget in New Zealand:
1. Find Cheap Flights To New Zealand
First things first, when you’re traveling to New Zealand, make sure to get an affordable plane flight. The best way is to use a flight search engine like Skyscanner or Google Flights. You can also sign up for email alerts from airlines so you don’t miss out on any special deals. Another way to find cheap flights is to fly to an alternate airport. For example, if you’re flying into Auckland, consider flying into Hamilton instead. It’s only about an hour away by bus, and you can often find cheaper flights.
You can also save money on your flight by being flexible with your travel dates. If you have some flexibility in when you can travel, try searching for flights within a certain time frame to see if there are any cheaper options available. Finally, make sure you book your flight in advance! The closer you get to your travel date, the more expensive flights will be. So start looking for flights as soon as you know when you want to go, and you’ll be more likely to find a good deal.
2. Look For Budget-Friendly Accommodation In New Zealand
There are plenty of ways to enjoy budget-friendly accommodation in New Zealand. Here are some tips:
1. The platform called Couchsurfing is a popular option for students looking to save on accommodation costs. There are many hosts available throughout New Zealand who are happy to offer a free place to stay in exchange for some company and conversation.
2. Another option is to look for homestay accommodation. This is where you live with a local family and experience true Kiwi culture. Many families offer student discounts, so be sure to ask about this when you're enquiring about homestays.
3. If you're looking for something a little more independent, there are plenty of backpacker hostels dotted around the country that offer affordable rates and great social atmospheres. These are perfect for solo travelers or those on a tight budget.
4. For something closer to campus, there are usually shared flats or apartments available for rent at most universities. This is a great way to meet other students and save on rent at the same time!
3. Eat And Drink On A Budget In New Zealand
People can spend a lot of money on food and restaurants if they are not careful. But there are many ways to eat healthy and affordable food. You can take advantage of supermarkets and bakeries. Supermarkets offer a wide variety of food at relatively low prices, and bakeries sell delicious (and often cheap) pies and other pastries. Another way to take control of your spending is to cook your own meals. Eating out all the time can be expensive, so cooking your own meals can help you save money.
4. Saving Money On Sightseeing And Activities In New Zealand
If you're looking to save money on sightseeing and activities while studying abroad in New Zealand, there are a few things you can do. For starters, take advantage of the many free museums and galleries nationwide. Additionally, consider volunteering for organizations that offer discounts on activities and attractions in exchange for your time and effort. And finally, be sure to ask your program coordinator or local friends for recommendations on affordable ways to experience all New Zealand has to offer!
What are you waiting for? You can now study abroad on a budget in New Zealand. There are 400+ programs to study abroad in New Zealand. Just browse through them and choose your favorite, or update your profile to get a customized browsing experience and get matched.
Studying abroad has never been easier.
Follow Educatly for more on studying abroad and education.