- Academic Supoort & Access Center
- Housing and Dining Programs
- International Student & Scholar Services
- Orientation, Transition & Retention
- Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution Services
On-campus housing is in high demand, so it is important that students submit their housing enrollment deposits to the Office of Admissions as soon as possible to secure a space. If you have any questions regarding the deposit, please contact the Office of Admissions.
The University Library enables educational and research success by:
- building collections and facilitating access to information across all formats;
- teaching people how to locate, assess, and use information to meet their needs;
- providing welcoming spaces that support a full range of intellectual endeavors.
- The Anderson Computing Complex is located on the basement level of Anderson Hall with an entrance on the north side of the building near the Centennial parking garage. It is open every day of the week from 8 am - midnight. The lab is open to the entire AU community.
Our dedicated team of doctors, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses and patient care representatives are here to help you make your college/grad school experience a healthy and productive one. At the student health center, our goals are to keep our students healthy and, when ill, get them “back on the mend” as quickly as possible.
American University's residence halls are dynamic communities that promote student learning in a fun and affirming atmosphere. Although each of our buildings have unique features and special communities, they are all designed to promote student success. Studies show that students living in residence halls perform better academically and participate more fully in campus life.
Each floor of our residence halls has an upper-class student, known as a Resident Assistant (RA), who engages students in learning opportunities and programs, provides support in mediating conflicts, and helps with transition and other student issues.
- Reeves Aquatic Center:
The Reeves Aquatic Center consists of two pools: an 8-lane, 25-yard lap pool and a 3-lane, 20-yard teaching pool.
- Cassell Fitness Center:
This 8,000 square foot facility includes state-of-the-art fitness equipment including treadmills, ellipticals, cross trainers, upright and recumbent bikes, stairclimbers, free weights, and selectorized and plate loaded strength equipment.
- Outdoor Tennis Courts:
American University features six outdoor tennis courts for the use of the University Community.
- Alpha Chi Omega
- Alpha Epsilon Phi
- Alpha Epsilon Pi
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Alpha Phi Omega - Service
- American Literary
American University is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and recognized by the University Senate of the United Methodist Church.